This is a shoutout to women, by women.
(Guys, you are a part of this too. We love everyone who have made it possible to empower women!)
We’re entering Women’s History Month this year with more than 10 years of experience. It’s funny to think that we believed our ice cream truck was such a crazy idea in 2009. We’ve transformed so much in our thinking, brand and product - now we see ourselves as creating a culture and changing the game with our innovation in order to become the household brand of our generation. So, now we want to be valuable mentors to other female entrepreneurs and share with them our very powerful, big picture thinking. In the spirit of loving and supporting each other, we want to share what we learned along the way:
- Fail forward—you're going to fail, so make the most out of how you do that. When you need to cut cord on an idea or even an element of your operation, do it with efficiency and quickness; don't drag it along. Do an analysis on what the positives and negatives were from what you learned to make sure you apply that knowledge going forward.
- Have the courage to ask. It's common – almost natural – for us to overthink or feel as if we have to prove something before we ask for a mentor or partner. Just ask; the worst will be a "no," but the upside is so much greater than that.
- You walk through a wall when you don’t know it’s there. Inexperience is not an obstacle, but rather an advantage with this kind of thinking - it allows you to take risks you wouldn’t when you know too much (just be sure they are informed risks). The status quo is not how earth-shattering businesses are created.
Special shoutout to Health-Ade, Tea Drops, Hedley & Bennett, Toni Ko (founder of NYX Cosmetics and Thomas James LA), Realty Mogul, Figs, Ovenly, Goldhirsh Foundation, I Love Creatives, Upstate, Pro Arch, Copper Cow Coffee, Domaine LA, Future Gin, and Lacey Stone Fitness.
And to all our women and female-identifying ice cream lovers: make this year the year you live out your crazy ideas. Everything you dream is attainable.
In celebration of Women’s History Month, we partnered with Lunya, Shape House, and Landmark Theatres to give away some beautiful relaxation bundles! Our $300-value prize includes:
- One Lunya robe
- Two Shape House gift cards
- Two tickets to The Landmark theater
- Three pints of our dairy-free Coolhaus!
Two ways to enter:
1. Make a purchase at one of our scoop shops in Los Angeles.
2. Place an order online then forward your order confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will announce winners on Monday, April 1st in our newsletter!