It’s Saturday night and you desperately need a warm, crunchy, cinnamon, chocolate-covered churro. You are already in your pjs so heading to the nearest street churro truck that’s open late night is out of the question. What do you do? This. This is what you do. Grab those Corn Flakes (the ones on the pantry that you keep forgetting about) and your pints of Coolhaus Street Cart Churro Dough ice cream and let’s do this.
You Will Need:
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop rounded balls of ice cream and place on the sheet pan. Place the whole pan in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, crush the cornflakes into a fine crumb by either placing in a plastic bag and banging with a rolling pin or placing in a food processor. Set aside.
- Melt (or brown) the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the crushed Corn Flakes, cinnamon, and salt and stir to combine.
- Continue stirring and cooking for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Take the ice cream scoops out of the freezer one at a time and roll them in the crushed cornflake mixture.
- Eat immediately OR pop back in the freezer as you go. When ready to eat, drizzle with chocolate sauce and enjoy.