Grab your saltine crackers – yes, saltine crackers are not just for when you are sick! #TheMoreYouKnow and your pints of Coolhaus Best of Both World Vanilla and let’s do this.
Our CEO likes to say that vanilla is the most underrated ice cream flavor in the game. It causes the least palate fatigue so you are actually able to eat more without feeling “over it”. (A.K.A. you can eat all of this in one sitting…it’s fine!) Turn this sophisticated, bright ice cream with both Tahitian and Madagascar vanilla beans into a fun, sweet and salty snack you’ll be craving all summer long.
You Will Need:
- 2 8” pans
- 35 (ish) Saltine-style crackers
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 3 pints Coolhaus Best of Both Worlds Vanilla
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line two 8” pans with foil and arrange the saltines in a single layer in each pan making sure not to overlap. Set aside.
- Combine butter and sugars in medium saucepan. Whisk until all the sugar has melted. Increase the heat to high and whisk an additional 4 min. Pour evenly over both pans of saltines and spread to cover
- Bake for 12 minutes
- Sprinkle evenly with chocolate and leave for 5 minutes until melted. Spread evenly and sprinkle with sea salt
- Freeze for 30 minutes
- Remove both pieces of 8” “brittle” from their pan and the foil. Line one of the 8” pans with plastic wrap. Place one of the brittles back into the now lined pan chocolate side down. Fill with vanilla ice cream and spread evenly. Top with second piece of brittle, chocolate side up
- Wrap and freeze for an hour (or longer)
- Slice with a serrated knife and enjoy